Wednesday, November 25, 2015

I Am Thankful!

I AM THANKFUL!

Today was busy!  Shopping, cleaning, cooking... all the preparations for our Thanksgiving celebration tomorrow.  My mom taught me that setting the table the night before company comes not only saves time on the big day, but also creates a peaceful feeling and a few minutes to reflect on the reason for the celebration.  I continue my mom's tradition.  After setting my table tonight, I lit the candles and took a few minutes to enjoy the quiet and to say a little prayer of THANKSGIVING for all of my many blessings, far too many to name, and far more than I deserve!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING FRIENDS & FAMILY!

14 comments:

Montanagirl said...

Beautiful Table - Happy Thanksgiving!!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Lovely shot

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Happy Thanksgiving, my dear friend.
Beautiful capture, enjoy the day! ♥

MadSnapper said...

Good idea to set it the night before and yours is really beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Happy Thanksgiving from Florida.

you-wee because said...

Happy Thanksgiving for you and your family, Karen!
Here in Germany it's just a normal work day.

janc@mac.com said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! We anticipate happily this choice day. Your table setting is gorgeous.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Unknown said...

Karen, Happy Thanksgiving to you! Hope you have a beautiful day with all your family around you! Especially all those wonderful Grandchildren!!

Stephanie said...

Pretty table!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Your table and centerpiece are lovely. It is a great idea to set the table the night before. I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving. We are all blessed for so many reasons.
Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Linda W. said...

Lovely centerpiece! Happy belated Thanksgiving!

Anita Johnson said...

I set my table the night before too...so glad I did, I ended up with my first experience with vertigo...never had the turkey. But I did love the conversation I could hear and knowing we all had so much to be thankful for...happy Belated Thanksgiving...all year long!

diane b said...

The photo conveys your feelings. A beautiful setting it is too.