Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Cedar Breaks - Spring 2021 - Favorite Photo

 

              I think this could be my favorite photo I've ever taken at Cedar Breaks, Utah


PHOTOGRAPHY PEP TALK:   

This is for landscape and nature photographers who USED to chase the light by hiking up mountains, enduring adverse conditions and traveling around the world, in order to find and capture that perfect photo.  But now those days are only memories, either because of physical limitations, advancing age, or other barriers limiting mobility and endurance.  But I say, DON'T GIVE UP WHAT YOU LOVE TO DO.  There are still beautiful photos to be taken in your current situation.  You just need to look harder and recognize what is in 'your own backyard' or at least nearby.  This photo and spectacular scene was taken at over 10,000 ft. elevation and I started at 2800 ft. to get there.  But I didn't have to hike, I drove in a nice air conditioned car, and this view is seen from a parking lot.  I walked about 8 steps from my car to find this composition and take my photo.  So dust off your camera and find a way to keep doing what you love!

5 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Gorgeous shot. Thanks for the advice to not give up even when some limitations set in.

Bill said...

A beautiful shot, for sure. Well done! The advice is good as well.

janc@mac.com said...

It's really spectacular. It looks like a painting.

R's Rue said...

It’s stunning.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

diane b said...

Love the layers and thanks for the inspiration.