Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Salt Lake Temple in the Mist

Salt Lake Temple in the Mist
(that sounds better than 'inversion' or 'smog')

I am such a wimp! It is so hard for me to take photos outside when it is cold, because it doesn't matter how many layers I have on, my fingers still go numb and stiff when trying to work with my camera. Nevertheless, I always force myself to spend an evening on Temple Square at Christmas time. Last night I went early at dusk before the crowd, and when I could photograph the temple and lights with a beautiful deep blue sky as a backdrop. It didn't dawn on me until I was half way there that the horrible inversion/smog/fog we are having right now would not make that possible. I went anyway, and even though breathing the air was probably not good for the lungs, it sure made for some mystical, misty photos.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nonetheless, a beautiful photograph.

Joanne in Massachusetts

Sandi said...

Wow!

I saw a temple like this in Maryland, not far from DC, and couldn’t quite place what kind of temple it was until I googled a bit. This one looks very similar. Love the red trees!

Unknown said...

Karen, beautiful image!

Nancy J said...

" Peace on Earth" how we all pray and hope for that, but your image today gives us joy, the colours, the lights, and that sky behind.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

This image is worth getting your fingers numb fir Karen.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

What a lovely fantasy world-like shot