Monday, January 18, 2016

Salt Lake Temple

Salt Lake Temple in Winter

I don't like winter! I don't like cold, snowy scenes unless I'm viewing them through a window as I'm sitting by a nice warm fireplace! Therefore, my winter photo collection is slim. And so this photo of the Salt Lake Temple is a first for me. Most of my pictures of the temple include the bright, colorful flowers of spring. And the only other winter photos I have of this temple are surrounded by a gazillion sparkly Christmas lights. But, somehow, the soft, muted neutral colors on this day seemed to match my mood. Haven't decided if it is a keeper or not.

12 comments:

diane b said...

Its different and nice muted tones. Its a keeper. Where did you take the shot from?

Stephanie said...

This is a definite keeper, Karen. It is a lovely shot! And it is a huge building, so many spires. Wow!

ADRIAN said...

I agree with the above comments.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

An impressive building and shot

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

I'd say it was a keeper. A beautiful capture, Karen.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I'd say it's a keeper

What Karen Sees said...

Diane, this was taken from the top floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. Because it was a gray day and there were no lights close by me, I was able to get this shot through the window without any reflections.

Barb said...

I love this high-up, muted view of the Temple. That pale sky is wonderful, too!

janc@mac.com said...

It looks so well planned. All the muted colors compliment one another. It's definitely a keeper.

Unknown said...

Karen, definitely a keeper! Fabulous shot of a equally fabulous building!

Mersad said...

I actually like photographing snow, but I never seem to be around those beautiful snow covered landscapes I see everywhere :)

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Colorado_Chaos said...

Karen
I would love to buy this as a download or a large print for my newly married son. Pretty Please! :)
Thanks
Joleen