Thursday, January 14, 2016

Nature Photo Challenge #7

Antelope Valley, California

For my last 'challenge' photo, I thought I'd post something to remind us that spring and summer will come again! This photo was taken in the Antelope Valley region of California's high desert. Often these hills are barren, however, in spring when the previous weather patterns and rain fall have been just right, they burst into riotous colors of blue, purple, gold, yellow, red and orange, dominated with California poppies and lupine that cover miles. It is a glorious sight. This post is something different with a bit of a painterly look.

10 comments:

Gail said...

Oh, my! You knocked my socks off with this one.

Nancy J said...

Painterly, that is such a good word to describe your photo, Glorious colours together.

Carol Mattingly said...

OK Now you're just bragging, Ha Ha, just kidding. This is so beautiful Karen. So beautiful. The best of your challenge too or close. Carol

Ruth Hiebert said...

BREATHTAKING!!!

Stephanie said...

Wow, stunning. My husband came into the room and was wowed by this image too.

Unknown said...

Karen, how fantastic! So nice that you were able to capture all this beauty! It's extraordinary!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

it is stunning

Anonymous said...

the first comment I dido -- "You knocked my socks off" too.
I love flowers and so this one captured my eye instantly!!

Hugs

Barb said...

Who can believe such bounty? Wonderful shot, Karen!

Anita Johnson said...

Beautiful photo and congratulations!