Monday, September 21, 2015

Bridal Veil Falls, Utah

Bridal Veil Falls, Utah

These falls are located in Provo Canyon, visible from the main road and very near where I live.  I pass by this way quite often on my way to various destinations.  Sometimes we fail to see the beautiful scenery that is commonplace where we live.  

Saturday I was out looking for a little fall color and didn't find anything that was interesting enough for me to stop and photograph.  On the way home I glanced up at these falls and decided I'd stop.  The sun was down and there was not much light, the sky was a boring faded blue and the fall colors were scarce, but I'm glad I stopped anyway.

  

15 comments:

MadSnapper said...

i can really see why it is named Bridal veil, it looks just like one. the stone is wonderful to

ADRIAN said...

Well worth getting out of the car for.

you-wee because said...

Great photograph, Karen!
The long exposure time gives the waterfall the right silk gloss!
I took my Sunday sunflower NOT on a sunny, but as well on an overcast afternoon. Somtimes the absence of the sun is exactly what a photo needs, sometimes even a sunflower or waterfall photo!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I too,am glad you stopped. This is a lovely picture.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

cool beans

(Hi praise from a Texan)

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Beautiful capture of these gorgeous falls!

Unknown said...

Karen, a very pretty shot!

Stephanie said...

It was certainly worth a stop to capture this beauty!

Barb said...

I'm glad you stopped for this awesome shot! Sometimes an overcast day is just perfect. I love the satiny falls.

Carol Mattingly said...

Karen you put my wildlife and nature shots to shame. Such beauty you have there. Carol

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

very aptly named and great shot.

janc@mac.com said...

I love those brilliant colors!

Andrea said...

Am glad you stoppep as this is a magnificent shot. I've seen this a lot of times in photos, but a slow shutter always put a big meaning to a waterfalls. I agree with you, we often do not see what is commonplace, despite its beauty to others seeing them as first time.

Mersad said...

Such a stunning display of beauty.

diane b said...

Very pretty