Thursday, August 6, 2015

Wildflower Fantasy

 Wildflower Fantasy

Rocky Mountain wildflower meadows are breathtakingly beautiful, but sometimes overwhelming as my eyes and brain try to take in the jumble of vibrant colors, shapes, sizes, and textures in such large varieties and quantities.  When looking through my viewfinder, it was difficult trying to isolate and bring order to a scene like this, as I tried to find one subject flower that stood out and anchored the composition by being the main subject.  After some frustration of not finding a composition I was happy with, I decided not to fight it but to change my perspective and purpose, (every photo should have a purpose or tell a story).  With a new purpose I totally changed how I approached composing the image.  I decided the story or purpose of this image was to show the busyness and complexity of being surrounded by such a wildflower scene as I experienced that day.   
 

13 comments:

Stephanie said...

It is very pretty and nicely composed. I like it a lot!

eileeninmd said...

I love the colors and the pretty wildflowers. It is a beautiful image, enjoy your day!

MadSnapper said...

fantasy is the perfect word and all it needs is a tiny little fairy

Barb said...

Karen, I feel the same way! There are too many colors, textures, heights, varying light and shadow, not to mention the wind! I'm often frustrated that what I get isn't the nuance of what I'd like to show. I love what you've done with this photo - showing a couple crisply and hinting of the multitude more in the background. Ours are past peak and now the gentians will soon start blooming, signaling (as the saying goes) 6 more weeks until the first snow!

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Beautiful image, Karen. I love the composition and vibrancy.
I think stories told can be powerful or subtle, or both.
Great post!

Michelle said...

Your composition is well done. A beautiful mix of beauty, in this shot.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The end result is a gorgeous scene.

Linda W. said...

I agree - sometimes it's too difficult to adequately capture a huge field of colorful wildflowers (a topic I mention in my most recent blog post). But your photos does a great job!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

purdy

Unknown said...

Karen, you absolutely accomplished your goal! This is a perfectly beautiful shot! What a riot for the senses!

diane b said...

It must be fabulous to be surrounded by so much chaotic beauty. You have captured the feeling well.

diane b said...

When I comment on your posts i receive an email saying the message to you can't be delivered as the address is wrong. I wanted to send you an email but I can't find a contact email on your site. I tried the intentional flare the other day and I was quite pleased with the result. It is on my Facebook page.

Anonymous said...

you hit it on the nail as to say..wink! I love to sit among such beauty it where I find added joy in my life..great shot!

Hugs