Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Sun Kissed Bee

This Just Makes Me Happy!

These wild flowers were very small as you can see in comparison to the size of the bee.  I had my macro lens on and couldn't get close enough bending over, so I sat down in a tiny clearing in the middle of a small field of these flowers.  It was then that I noticed there were bees all around me.  My first thought was to get up and move, but I soon realized they were much too busy with their work  and didn't pay any attention to me.  For a while a just sat and watched them work, soaked in the warm sun and enjoyed a peaceful moment.  This was my best shot.   

10 comments:

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

ME TOO!!! Gorgeous shot!!!

MadSnapper said...

It is a happy shot, the golden glow of the photo with those beautiful little flowers makes me happy, the bee not so much.. LOL... you were brave and it paid off...

Unknown said...

Karen, absolutely wonderful! I just love to sit in a patch of flowers and watch the bees at work.

Ruth Hiebert said...

WOW! I'm glad you stayed and captured this beauty.

Lindsey said...

Amazing! Thanks for sharing!!!

Montanagirl said...

Me too! Amazing photo!!

Hilary said...

What a beauty of a shot. It's stunning.

janc@mac.com said...

That's worthy of a National Geographic feature page.

Silvina Soave said...

Una belleza esta foto, impresionante!!
Abrazos.

Lisa said...

Me also. Wow. Love this shot