Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Lunar Eclipse


Lunar Light Show

I must be nuts to be posting this at 3:00 am, but I decided that I would try to photograph the eclipse and the full eclipse did not take place until around 1:30 am.  Then sleep eluded me, so here I am!  
This photo is a composite of two shots with two different lenses.  The moon was taken with a telephoto in manual: 300mm, 1 sec, f/11, ISO 2500.  The mountain was taken with a wide angle in manual:  16mm, 30 sec, f/11, ISO 1600.  I combined them in Photoshop.  In full resolution, there is quite a bit of noise.  I did not increase the saturation at all, but found it interesting that what I saw with my eyes was not nearly as orange as the color the camera captured. 

12 comments:

MadSnapper said...

Awe inspiring image.. love it

Mersad said...

Inspiring. Beautiful. Mesmerizing. Simply wow!!!

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Unknown said...

Karen, thanks for this shot! I was all set to do the same last night but it clouded over in the late afternoon and we missed it! :(

Annie said...

That is an amazing photo!! I am so impressed.

Montanagirl said...

Breathtaking!!!

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Simply magnificent, Karen!
It was cloudy here, as usual in the PNW.
But I got to see it through your eyes and your lens.. Second best to seeing it in person.
Thanks so much for sharing the beauty!

Anonymous said...

Good shot!

janc@mac.com said...

That is a magnificent photo. Thanks for missing sleep and sharing your talent so we could enjoy.

Hilary said...

Excellent, Karen. You did a fine job of capturing and combining.

holdingmoments said...

A beauty of a shot.

Anonymous said...

Wow -that is spectacular!

Here I Am Carrie said...

Love this night scene and how you captured it.