Thursday, June 13, 2019

Poppies in Alpine

 Poppy Field in Alpine

NOTES FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS.  Learn to be flexible!  Expectations can change when you are 'in the field', (in this case, literally)!  I left early to capture soft morning light, but by the time I found this location the sun was above the mountain and the light was harsh.  Plus, there were already photographers, painters, hikers and bikers roaming around this small area.  I was not going to leave without a few shots, so I opted to shoot into the sun to back light the poppies and create an interesting sunflare.  I had to take my shots in between people walking into the scene and in front of my camera!

4 comments:

Nancy J said...

Truly stunning, and in the wild, a beautiful setting.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Awesome picture!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Thise Poppies are certainly popping out of the image Karen

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

wow

we need poppies in Florida