Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Tucson, Arizona LDS Temple

Tucson, Arizona LDS Temple

During our recent visit to Arizona, I was able to photograph the Tucson LDS (Mormon)Temple, (in addition to the Gilbert, AZ temple shown in a previous post). It is the 157 of 159 operating temples around the world and opened in 2017. When I first set out with my camera, I was disappointed that I just couldn't seen to find a good angle or composition, at least from ground level. I was not happy with any of my photos from that day. But it was good luck that the motel we had chosen was just a short drive from the temple so I was able to go back several times both at sunrise and sunset, and was finally rewarded with a beautiful sunrise. I ended up taking this shot from across a busy street and had to time my shots in between the cars passing right in front of me.

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

You would not know that civilisation with roads and motels was so close, this looks like the temple is alone, with nature all around, Beautiful setting.

Bill said...

Excellent capture, and to my taste the most striking temple I've ever seen--- Great shot.