Monday, April 30, 2018

Bali-3


 Pura Ulun Danu Bratan

I see this temple printed on many of the travel brochures for Bali.   It is Pura Ulun Danu Bratan, (sometimes called the floating temple), built on a tiny island and dedicated to the goddess of the lake, Dewi Danu. I was disappointed because it was a dark and cloudy day when we visited, my camera batteries were dying as quickly as I changed them, and my lenses were fogging up because of the 100% humidity. I took tons of photos that ultimately ended up in the 'trash bin', but there were a few seconds when the clouds gave way to a couple of blue patches that lit up the temple. I snapped this photo quickly even though there was person's head in the bottom of the frame. I cropped her out!

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

Do the frogs spout water? Lots of people further over, this would be so hard to decide where to look, which way to go. Lots of super fine detail all over.

Bill said...

Looks VERY humid... Especially for a Utahan like you! Great shot.

kwarkito said...

what an extraordinary picture !