Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Lake Powell Sunrise

Lake Powell Sunrise

I love getting up early, before the family chaos begins, to enjoy the beauty of sunrise at Lake Powell. I love how different each day begins, depending on the weather, the clouds, the time of year and the direction I point my camera. Yesterday my photo, (last post), was taken before sunrise, facing away from the sun, capturing a calm, peaceful scene. Today I turned my camera directly at the sun as it made a spectacular entrance that created vivid colors and contrasts between the sun rays and mottled shadows. (Many normal lenses like the one I used here, will create sunbursts, sunflares, and colorful bokeh when pointed at a bright light source.)

6 comments:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Lens makers should guarantee their lenses have faults to ensure we get those gorgeous flares.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Gorgeous shot!

Bill said...

I think I said it yesterday: Worth getting up for! Fantastic shots, Karen.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

SUPER image

Sandra said...

Getting up before sunrise is one of my favourite things to do on a fine day! Your sunrise capture is quite beautiful!

VITORIO NANI said...

Glorioso, o presente de Deus!