Friday, April 10, 2015

Spring 2015


Spring Has Come to Northern Utah!
 
Although snow still covers the mountain peaks, and the weather is often chilly, spring has definitely come to northern Utah.  Temple Square is a riot of spring color, and the tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point begins tomorrow.  
For a nature photographer, I don't think there is anything more glorious, peaceful, or uplifting, than to be outside after a long winter, with the sunshine warming my back, hearing the birds chirping in the trees, and getting up close and personal with the colors and fragrance of springtime blooms.  Feels like experiencing a piece of heaven here on earth!



7 comments:

Montanagirl said...

I just can't say enough about your beautiful photography - these photos are spectacular!! On a side note, I almost gave up commenting - When I click to leave a comment, a blank "untitled" window opens up and stays that way forever...no place to comment. It's not your fault, but I just want you to know that I'm always looking at your blog, but can't always comment. It took me four tries today to get a comment section to open up. Sigh ...

MadSnapper said...

i agree 100 percent with the sunshine and birds and colors and blooms. i love being out there with God Creation. the tulips are amazing.

Unknown said...

Karen, beautiful images! I love Spring flowers the best! They break us out of the winter blahs!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

the background on that first shot is to die for. wow. beautiful color.

janc@mac.com said...

I love the watercolor backgrounds on each of these.

Ginny Hartzler said...

You are back! How long were you gone? Remember me, we used to follow each other, and I still remember your awesome camera skills. Which I see you have not lost! Your flowers are beautiful, and your header AMAZING!!

Nancy's Notes said...

Karen, what beautiful photographs! I'm just thinking how delightful they must be in person!

Have a glorious week!
Nancy