Friday, June 15, 2012

Takapuna Sunrise

It is Saturday morning in this part of the world and I wanted to go down to the beach before sunrise to take some slow shutter speed shots in low light.  Unfortunately, I forgot to set the alarm clock and when I woke up the sky was already light in the east.  Even though I hurried as fast as I could, I couldn't beat the sun.  By the time I had my tripod and camera set up and ready to shoot, the sun was already over the horizon and it was too bright for the picture I had in my mind.  I had to settle for a picture of this seagull taking a moment to enjoy the early morning warmth of  a winter day in New Zealand.

6 comments:

diane b said...

It is so cute warming himself. Great colours and DOF. Sunset and sun rise happens pretty quick down here doesn't it. It is even faster up here in Brisbane.

Unknown said...

Karen, lovely shot!

darlin said...

Karen photos such as this one have me missing the coast in Australia. I love being home, but I also fell in love with Adelaide.

The lighting and DOF is beautiful in this photo. You take amazing shots, thank you for sharing them with us.

Have a wonderful week!

janc@mac.com said...

I forget it's winter there now. Still it looks mild and pleasant for winter. Cute photo.

Anonymous said...

Marvelous shot! :-)

What Karen Sees said...

testing my email