Friday, June 11, 2010

Phriday Phun







THE FREMONT EXPERIENCE
For those of you not familiar with Las Vegas, this is in the old part of town, where they have completely enclosed a street and made a huge screen/light show overhead that goes for several blocks.  If anyone wants to remember their wild past of LSD and the psychedelic subculture, (I hope not...), but if so, this would be the place to do it.  And judging by the characters we saw here around midnight, I'm sure there were some living in the past and in the present.  We only stayed long enough to see this light show, and it was amazing!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Fremont Street is one of the coolest parts of Vegas... thanks for the reminders... LOL I guess I kind of forget bits and pieces. I stayed at the Golden Nugget once which is right there on Fremont... awesome!!!

Chad said...

Have been to Las Vegas many times and have yet to make it to Fremont St.

Memories Of Mine said...

Wow that's impressive . I've never been to Las Vegas, thanks for showing these pictures.

Dawning Inspiration said...

Wow-amazing color!!! whoo hoo!

Lloyd said...

No fair! The only time I went it wasn't running!!!!!!

Sarah said...

Wow, I don't think I've ever been to that street in my many visits to Las Vegas. Crazy.

Scott Law said...

It is quite a scene. I was there and saw it about 12 years ago and they've done quite a job with it, and of course the music too.

Lisa said...

I knew immediatly it was fremont st. It is a fun site to see.

myonlyphoto said...

Karen been in Vegas before, never seen it, however, love the way you captured this site. Excellent work, and good eye. Anna :)